As a community, we appreciate the service our veterans have provided to our country. That is why Yale honors the services of our armed force staff, students and faculty through special programs and resources.
Take the time to learn more about the Yale Veterans Network and to identify your status and a veteran following the steps below. Please note also, our campus-wide activities, FRI, 10-NOV, with a ceremony taking place at 1230 PM inside Woolsey Hall, 500 College Street, New Haven, due to the expected wind chill. Veterans representing Yale students, faculty, and staff will give remarks of remembrance, reflecting on their experiences and sharing them with our community. Musicians from the School of Music, conducted by Tom Duffy, will present echoing taps, and the national anthem and service songs will be performed. You can learn more about the ceremony on Yale News.
Several veterans-focused activities will also take place campus-wide including a photo booth in Memorial Hall sponsored by Veterans Count at Yale, the creation by Yale Students for Veterans of a field of flags on Cross Campus beginning on Friday morning, and Yale military history tours conducted by ROTC students, which will depart from Beinecke Plaza at approximately 130 PM following the ceremony. Please dress warmly due to the expected low temperatures.
Employees can provide your veteran status following these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to It’s Your Yale.
- On the top navigation, click on Workday.
- In Workday, click on the Personal Information worklet.
- In the Change section, click on Personal Information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page; click on Add under Military Service.
- Under Military Status, click on the list icon then select your status.
- Under Military Discharge Date, click on the calendar icon then select the date.
- Under Details, you may provide a Status Begin Date and any notes of explanation.
- Click the green Submit button.